Friday, August 29, 2014

How to lengthen/embellish your shorts


          Summer's almost over and it already starts to feel as if it's mid November! (I'm glad I took these photos before sweater weather settled in). So, as a nostalgic ode to our beloved season, I thought I should post a tutorial that's perfect for a person who dislikes garments that are too...revealing. After all, it has to be summer somewhere on this planet, doesn't it?
          I've always loved high-waisted pants. They're comfy, they flatter my waist and I don't have to worry about pulling my pants up all the time. After many searches, I came across some lovely pairs at Bershka and I decided to buy a pair of shorts and a pair of mom jeans. I had tried them on, but when I got home, I realized the shorts were, well, too short for my taste, but I had an idea of making them longer and here's the tutorial.

What you need:
  • Lace trim(about one meter)
  • Measuring tape
  • Scissors
  • Fabric glue (if you'd like to sew it, go ahead, but it's easier with glue)
  1. Measure around each of your thighs to make sure you use enough lace, if the shorts are elastic (like my pair). If the shorts don't stretch, you can measure directly around the hem of every leg.
  2. Consider the seam allowance, then cut your lace trim.
  3. Glue the lace trim on the inside of every leg, as it's easier to remove. You can also sew it, but you have to make sure that you don't ruin the original seam.
Ta-dah!


Not only they're longer, they're also cuter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and thank you for everything!